Williams is currently developing the Northeast Supply Enhancement project to expand the existing Transco natural gas pipeline system to provide northeastern consumers access to an additional 400 million cubic feet of natural gas per day (enough natural gas to serve the daily needs of about 2.3 million homes) in time for the 2020 winter heating season.
The project will add energy infrastructure in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York, specifically adding a total of about 37 miles of new pipeline and new compression to the existing Transco pipeline system.
The proposed facilities include:
- 23.5 miles of 26-inch pipe in the New York Bay (offshore)
- 3.4 of 26-inch pipe in Middlesex County, New Jersey (onshore)
- 10.2 miles of 42-inch pipe in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania
- A new compressor station in Somerset County, N.J.
- Other existing compressor facility modifications